From the Collings website:
"The Traditional or "T" Series guitars reflect Bill Collings' return to his guitar making roots and offer a new tonal variation on the distinctive Collings sound. Each T Series guitar is built using animal protein glue and a very thin all nitrocellulose lacquer finish on the body, making them exceptionally dynamic and responsive. Bracing and tone woods are adjusted for weight and thickness to create a voicing characterized by warm, rounded highs and a present low midrange, while retaining a quick attack and strong projection.
Each Traditional series guitar comes with a handmade lightweight Collings case designed and built in the Collings shop. The pairing of these new Traditional guitars and cases makes for a combination of old world quality and aesthetic that is unprecedented among instruments available today."
"Traditional" Specs and Appointments:
* Small Bridgeplate
* No Tongue Brace
* Light Weight Body Build
* Ivoroid Binding
* Small Brown Herringbone Purfling with 2-Style Backstrip
* 2-Style Rosette
* Vintage Now Neck
* Square Headstock with Volute
* Gold Mother of Pearl Diamond and square Fingerboard Inlays
* All Lacquer Thin Skin Finish
* Aging Toner on Entire Body
* 2 15/16" Belly bridge with Cutthrough Saddle
* Ivoroid Bridge Pins with Black Dots
* Scale Length - 25 1/2"
* Standard Nut Width - 1 3/4"
Serial Number: 27790